Protein shakes are great meal for busy moms or women in the morning. They are very easily prepared in just a few minutes, so there is no longer any reason for you not have breakfast in the morning.
We also need to remember that the average adult woman requires 46 grams of protein every day. Pregnant and lactating women require protein with higher numbers than that. You can meet most of the needs by drink your shakes. To meet nutritional needs, you can add some healthy foods into your beverages, such as green tea, fruits, grains, and even vegetables.
What is Whey Protein?
Whey is a source of high quality protein that is rich in amino acid. Amino acid itself is needed as a source of energy for activity and exercise. Whey is a quick digesting protein, so the body can easily digests it and will start breaking down almost immediately. Whey is also good to consume after exercise, but it will not make you feel full for longer periods.
Benefits of Whey Protein for Women
– Helps suppress hunger
Women can drink 1-3 servings of whey per day to help them to lose weight and reduce their appetite.
– Very low in cholesterol, lactose and fat
Makes it very suitable as meal for women who are on diet
– Help boost energy for activities
Whey is rich in amino acids that will help provide a source of energy for you to exercise and activity
Read on and try these whey protein shake recipes for women that are packed with nutrition.
♦ Mocha Protein Shake
- 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder
- ½ banana
- ½ tablespoon of peanut butter
- ½ cup of brewed coffee
- ½ cup of soy or almond milk
Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
♦ Melon and Cucumber Smoothie
- 1 scoop whey powder
- 1 tablespoon flax-seed meal
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ cup cucumber
- ½ cup cubed melon
- 1 cup water
Blend all ingredients well in a blender and enjoy.
♦ Raspberry Green Tea Smoothie
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup freshly brewed green tea
- ½ cup almond milk or low fat milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
♦ Protein Smoothie with Flax Seed
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 heaping tablespoon of flax-seed meal
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1 cup water or almond milk
Place all ingredients in blender and blend well.
♦ Strawberry and Banana Smoothie
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 medium banana
- 6 medium strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup Water