HCG diet is very low calorie diet, only consume up to 500 calories per day and accompanied by the use of a “homeopathic” product, such as sprays, pellets, or oral drops that you can buy at the store, or can be in the form of injection, which can be obtained at clinic or hospital.
HCG or human chorionic gonadotropin is a hormone produced by women’s body while they are pregnant.
How the HCG diet works?
Until now none of scientific research can prove the success of HCG diet and explain how it works to lose weight. However, based on information from several sources, the HCG does not work directly reduce your weight, but your strict diet makes your body become thinner. It simply change the way you to lose weight.
Consume 1000 calories in a day will make you be thinner, especially if you are on a diet of 500 calories per day for 8 weeks, of course you will lose weight even faster.
In the diet, you are only allowed to consume foods rich in protein, and foods low in fat, carbohydrates and starches. Besides alcohol and sugar are forbidden.
What are the advantages?
- HCG diet does not require you to exercise
- You will drop weight quickly
- HCG helps to suppress the appetite
- It will help restore the balance of hormones in the body
What are the disadvantages?
- The side effects of taking homeopathic products will depend on individual sensitivity. Some side effects include male breast enlargement, hair loss, mood changes, fatigue, acne, fluid retention, and injection site irritation.
- All homeopathic products stated illegal by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration). The injection itself is legal, as long as you get it from health institutions, such as hospitals.