Cycling is my favorite way to exercise and burn calories, however I am pretty sure if not everyone has a chance to go cycling to the outdoors. Some people don’t have enough time to exercises or just too busy. This is where the Schwinn Airdyne exercise bike comes to help you make some great exercises, directly in your comfortable home, whenever you can. I personally think the Schwinn Airdyne Evo Comp has a unique design, where it utilizes a large fan as air-based resistance braking system instead of a heavy flywheel. The benefit of the unique air resistance system is that it provides as much resistance as you can handle. You don’t have to worry about the fan because it was enclosed in a metal cage to ensure your safety during exercising.
To add your comfort, the bike is supported by moving grip arms, a large padded seat and comfortable pedals. The result is you can sit comfortably on the seat while you cycling against a steady resistance that engaged the legs and upper body in a cardio workout. These features were previously available only on high priced commercial gym equipment. The Schwinn Airdyne feels different from its competitors. The resistance feels natural and you are allowed to adjust how hard you pedal so you will get the perfect amount of resistance when you work out. The frame is heavy but sturdy and doesn’t wobble.
- Fan based resistance. The resistance level responds automatically to your pedaling power. The harder you pedaling, the more resistance provided. The fan also serve as a cooling fan, however the problem is it can be very noisy.
- Total body workouts. The Airdyne bike is a dual action bike. You can train your upper body by moving the pair of sturdy exercise arms just pull and push it like you did on an elliptical trainer and train lower body from pedaling the bike.
- No impact workout. The bike provides a no impact workout because your feet never leave the pedals. This is a solution if you have a problem with your joints or back.
- A great cardio machine. You can burn 315 to 466 calories if you done vigorously. This is a great machine if you trying to lose weight.
- Expensive. The price of this bike is around $600. The cost is too much for average people’s budget
- Heavy. The Schwinn Airdyne Evo Comp’s weight is 104 pounds. This is harder for most people to handle and make it difficult to be moved from one room to another.
- Dimensions: 50 x 22.5 x 48 inches
- Weight: 104 pounds
- Max. User Weight: 300 pounds
- Resistance System: Air
- Resistance Levels: Infinite
- Seat: Oversized, extra-padded
- Power Requirements: 2 AA Batteries
- Display Readouts: Heart rate, workload, RPM, calories per hour, calories, distance and time
- Display Type: LCD
- Heart Rate: Telemetry enabled
- Workouts: Upper body workout or simultaneous lower / upper body
- Drive System: Belt drive and dual-stage chain
- Warranties: 1 year on wear items and labor, 3 years on electronics and parts, 30 years on the frame
[amazonproducts asin=”B008JA2X5S”]The Schwinn AD6 Airdyne bike is a perfect cardio machine for both upper and lower body workouts. The dual-action arms help you work out your entire body and the unique air resistance system offers as much resistance as you can handle. The harder you pedal, the greater the resistance.