What is the Samsung Gear Fit?
The Samsung Galaxy Gear Fit looks like a cross between a smart-watch and a fitness tracker, where you can accept and reject incoming calls, and also have an ability to monitor your daily activities, like cycling, running or walking.
- Track our daily activities for 24 hours
- High resistant to water and dust
- Allows us to get notifications of incoming calls, SMS, emails, and 3rd party apps
- Allows us to control alarms, reply to messages, and reject calls with messages
- Built with a heart rate sensor to motivate us to achieve fitness goals
- Compatible with many other Samsung products, such as Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Grand 2, Samsung Galaxy S5, etc.
Samsung Gear Fit’s Design
Samsung Gear Fit may be one of the best-looking products made in recent years. The most interesting thing is the curved AMOLED touchscreen display. Samsung gear fit’s display has a 432 x 128 screen resolution that can be adjusted with different faces, and offers sharp text and excellent brightness forclear reading. The curved screen is intended to provide a comfortable feeling at around the wrist. There is also an Outdoor Mode to give an optimum brightness level to overcome some issues with glare in bright sunlight for 5 minutes before go back to the default brightness level.
The display shows the time, and the progress of pedometers. You also will find Notifications on the next screen, where you can view email, text messages and other notifications from apps that you turn on. On the top of the Samsung gear fit, you will find a push button to turn off or on the screen. You can double press it to assign a function that opened instantly from a sleep mode.
Samsung Gear Fit’s S Health App
At the end of your exercises, all the record will go to S Health. With this app you can input food intake, set goals, and view the fitness statistics. However before you getting to S Health, you need to install the Gear Fit Manager app first. With the app, you can sync the Gear Fit, access settings and adjust notifications. The only drawback it only work with others Samsung device, such as: Galaxy NotePRO 12.2, Galaxy Mega 5.8, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, etc.
- Beautiful AMOLED screen
- Comfortable to wear
- Heart rate integration
- Nice, bright display
- Long battery life
- Narrow display makes it tough to read
- Sleep tracking not very insightful
- Limited fitness features
[amazonproducts asin = “B01FDPVXZC”]