I believe that all of us are familiar with smoothies. Based on the quote I got from Wikipedia,
“a smoothie is a blended and sometimes sweetened beverage made from fresh fruit and in special cases can contain a peanut butter or chocolate bar”.
Based on the sentence we can make the conclusion that smoothies are tasty, healthy, nutrient-rich beverages and very suitable to replace snacking.
So, whether it is hard to make a cup of delicious smoothie?
To make a smoothie is not a tough job, but to ensure that the quality and taste remains excellent and then there are some things you should consider.
1. Take out your blender, clean it and make sure it works well, especially the cutter.
2. Pick the right fruits as your main ingredients. Both frozen and fresh fruit is a good choice for a smoothie, however canned or dried fruits can also be an attractive option. You can try a combination of several pieces of your favorite fruits or just focus on one fruit.
3. Add liquid. It is also very important in determining the smoothies flavor would you want to create. Here are some possibilities:
- Water or ice cubes
- Sparkling water (lemon or lime-flavored)
- Ice cream
- Fruit juice
- Tea (black or herbal)
- Nut milk (coconut or almond)
- Yogurt (plain or sweetened)
- Soy milk
- Milk (whole or skim)
4. Some optional ingredients, such as:
- Sweeteners to improve the taste
- Some green vegetables, such as spinach, kale, beetroot or celery to make your smoothies a little bit healthier
- Protein powder. Soy and whey protein powder work well
You can try these three frozen fruit smoothie recipes in your home.
1. Frozen Strawberry Smoothie
- 10 -12 frozen strawberries
- whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (1 g) packet sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 cups milk
1. Put all ingredients into blender.
2. Mix on medium-low speed until all strawberries fully crushed.
3. Serve with whipped cream on the top
2. Blueberry Smoothie
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt
1. Blend the blueberries, nutmeg, vanilla, sugar, milk and yogurt in a blender until frothy
2. Serve immediately
3. Banana and Berry Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen cherries, raspberries,or strawberries
- 1 frozen banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup vanilla or plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
1. Put all the ingredients in a blender
2. Blend all ingredients until fully crushed
2. Pour into glasses and serve well
Some other helpful tips and info about recipe for a smoothie with frozen fruit, such as:
– Frozen fruit gives smoothies wonderful texture
– Frozen fruit eliminates the need for ice
– Add fruit juice to improve the taste instead of using sweeteners
– You can fill ice cube trays with a smoothie for later consumption