What is Meditation?
The term of meditation refers to a form of exercise in which a person perform breathing techniques to train the mind or consciousness in order to achieve inner peace and mindfulness. Meditation is very helpful to establish inner balance, especially on forgiveness, generosity, patience, love, and compassion. In addition, this exercise is believed able to increase the life force of its practitioner.
Benefits of Meditation
Meditation has been known for thousands of years. In these days, meditation is commonly used for stress reliever and relaxation.
Mental Benefits of Meditation
During meditation, you have to eliminate the flow of thought that has accumulated in your mind, especially things causing you become stressed. Focus your attention on yourself and let them flow. Your mind will be more clear, beautiful and fresh. With regular practice you will experience:
- Your problems become simpler
- Reduction of negative emotions, such as anger, sadness, hate and fear
- Get peace of mind
- Intuition develops
- Happiness increases
- Creativity increases
- Emotional stability improves
- Anxiety decreases
On the physical side, you will experience:
- Feels more energy to perform various activities
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Improves the immune system
- Decreases any tension-related pain, such as joint problems, insomnia, ulcers, and headaches
- Increases serotonin production that improves mood and makes you easier to feel happy
How to Meditation Properly
Doing meditation is quite easy, because meditation simply is the art of focusing your mind. However, there are several things you must to do in order to obtain the benefits of meditation.
- Find a quiet place and far from distractions.
- Use fragrances, like essential oils
- Play instrumental music, such as Kitaro or Enya
- Do some stretching
- Close your eyes
- Take a comfortable position
- Breathe slowly
- Focus your mind on your forehead