In 1970, a young man named Steven Kuhnau created frozen blends of ice, fruit juice, and some fresh fruits in order to enjoy something similar to milkshakes. His body unable to digest the milkshakes because of his lactose intolerance.
He was so excited to discover that his new drinks did not only taste good; they also helped control his and blood sugar levels and allergies as well.
In 1973, he opened a food store in Kenner, Louisiana. The store then called as “The Smoothie King” and began selling vitamins alongside his healthy drinks.
Top ten Smoothie King Flavors (Based on random voting)
The smoothies are greatly enjoyed by many people, because it is delicious, healthy and creamy. However, the following is a list of the most preferred smoothie by their loyal customers.
- Light N Fluffy
- The Gladiator
- Strawberry X-Treme
- Pineapple Surf
- Power Punch Plus
- Muscle Punch
- Strawberry Kiwi Breeze
- The Hulk
- Angel Food
- Caribbean Way
Fan made smoothie king’s smoothie recipes
Not everyone is able to enjoy a smoothie in his or her spare time; some of them cannot afford them every day. Therefore, making your own smoothie like smoothie king is the easiest solution. Although the company never reveal their secret, or you cannot make a smoothie that exactly the same with the one in the store but at least we can enjoy our own homemade smoothies.
Strawberry extreme recipe
- 1/2 banana
- 1 c crushed ice
- 1 oz orange juice
- 1/2 c frozen strawberries
- 1 c frozen yogurt
- Place ice cubes in blender then crush them.
- Add banana, strawberries, then orange juice and yogurt.
- Blend thoroughly. Add milk if you desire.
Pineapple surf recipe
- 1 cup non-frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup fat free yogurt
- 1/2 cup vanilla soymilk
- 1 scoop of whey protein powder
- 2 scoop of powdered milk
- 2 cubes of Ice
- Place all the ingredients into a blender
- Blend thoroughly until it becomes soft and foamy
Keys to make smoothies like the smoothie king
- Starts with a little water
- Use powdered milk or dry milk to reduce the liquid
- For sweetener you can use Turbinado sugar or also known as raw sugar.
- The real key is to balance your liquids and solids
- Freeze your fruit semi-hard before making your smoothie
- Own a good blender.
If you are a new person and want to try the smoothie king’s smoothies or just looking for some promotional coupons, then you can download them here. Smoothieking coupons printable.
Get these best blenders to make your perfect smoothies!