What is a Good Healthy Lunch?
Lunch is the most awaited moment to eat, especially for those who do not have time or forget to take their breakfast in the morning. So, what is a healthy lunch? I think that a healthy lunch will provide you enough energy to perform various activities in your day, but does not make you become too full, and sleepy.
Generally, the good amount of calories should not be more than 400 calories, especially for those who want to lose weight. I know that many of us will not feel satisfied with such a small caloric intake. Try to drink more water or eat some fruits after your lunch, it will make you fuller.
Healthy Foods for Lunch
The choice of foods for lunch will greatly affect your productivity and health. Bad food choices, such as soda, burgers or cola should be avoided for consumption. Those foods are only great for helping you to gain weight. Starchy and high carbohydrate foods, such as rice and bread should be eaten in minimal amount at lunch. Then, what kind of foods are recommended for a healthy lunch. Here are some selection of healthy foods that you can choose from;
A healthy lifestyle can not be separated from green vegetables in it. Vegetables has a number of essential nutrients and vitamins for our body, so that it will help improve and maintain the health of your body. In addition, the calories in the vegetables are very small, so it is safe to eat in large quantities. Although, many of us do not like the taste.
Fruits also can not escape from a healthy lunch, although they are more commonly consumed at dinner. Eating fruit after lunch will make you satisfied, as long as you do not overeat. Fruits that contain lots of water, such as: melon or watermelon may be a great option for you.
Meats are very appropriate menu to be consumed at lunch, since the body needs calories in large numbers to deal with many important activities in your day. However, one thing you have to remember; do not eat meat too excessive if you do not want to gain weight fast.
Beans are also a good option for you. It does not contain excessive amounts of calories and have a variety of essential nutrients and vitamins to support your various activities during the day.
Healthy Lunch Recipes for Weight Loss
The following are some healthy lunch recipes, guaranteed not to make you become fat quickly. Warning! I just put together a few simple recipes, which I think you’ll like it for your lunch.
1. Green club sandwich
- 8-12 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 handful rocket leaves
- 1 small avocado (100g), stoned and sliced
- 3 tbsp. ready-made houmous
- 3 slices rye toast or wholegrain
- Toast the bread and apply houmous evenly on one side of each bread.
- Lay the tomato, leaves and avocado on top of the bread. Season with pepper, then cover with another slice of bread
- Lay the rest of tomato, leaves and avocado. Season again and cover with the third bread.
2. Chicken soba noodles
- Handful shredded cooked chicken
- 85g buckwheat noodles
- 1 small carrot
- 8 mange tout
- Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- ½ red chili
- Drizzle of sesame oil
- Finely cut the carrot, red chili, mange tout into matchsticks.
- Boil water in a pan, add noodle and the sliced vegetables.
- Take the cooked noodle and vegetables from the pan, drain it.
- Put them into a bowl and toss with sesame oil.
- Finally, add some shredded cooked chicken and toasted sesame seeds.
3. Spicy tuna & cottage cheese jacket
- 225g can tuna, drained
- 150g low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 medium-sized jacket potato
- ½ small bunch coriander, chopped
- Handful halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- ½ red chili, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Prick the potato several times with a fork and bake it for 1 hour.
- Mix tuna with coriander, cherry tomatoes, spring onion and chili.
- Split the cooked potato and fill with cottage cheese and the tuna mix.
Source of recipes: bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/healthy-lunch.