One of the fitness machines that you can consider to help you to burn calories, improve your cardio level and build more lean muscles is the Schwinn 240 recumbent exercise bike. Like other recumbent bikes, this bike provides support for your back where you are allowed to tilt backward. It offers a compact design and a comfortable seat to make you feel as if you were cycling on a traditional bike.
For the class of recumbent bikes under $1,000 the Schwinn 240 recumbent bike is rated as one of the best recumbent exercise bikes on the market and the manufacturer, The Schwinn Fitness is one of the leading companies in the fitness industry. The recumbent exercise bike offers 17 challenging exercise programs for you to improve your fitness level. They were designed to takes you through a cool down period, calorie burning phase and a warm up phase for your benefit.
Each exercise program can be customized based on your fitness goals and fitness level. As you improve your ability, you can make a variation with those exercise programs to make you feel more challenged so that you can improve your fitness level fast.
The display is easy to read and you can adjust the exercise levels easily. The bike calculates the calories you have burned, the length of time, how fast you’ve gone and how far the distance has been completed, these things will make you effectively tracking your improvement and progress.
And like other Schwinn exercise bikes, the 240 also comes with features such as:
- Integrated grip heart rate and telemetry systems for easy monitoring
- Schwinn Advantage for an easy way to measure your progress and set goals on the console
- Multi-color console for easy viewing
- 17 workout programs including 2 user profiles with custom workouts, target heart rate and 8 course profiles
- Oversized levelers and stabilizers for a solid workout platform
- Perimeter weighted flywheel for consistent, smooth workouts and a true road feel
- Adjustable seat and console
- Seating system with dual-position lumbar support and padded ergonomic
- Dimensions: 63 x 25 x 46 inches
- Weight: 117 pounds
- Max. User Weight: 275 pounds
- Display Type: Black backlit LCD with multi-colored brickyard
- Heart Rate: telemetry enabled & contact
- Performance Tracking: Schwinn Advantage™
- Number of Programs: 17 workout programs
- Number of Resistance: 16 resistance levels
- Workout Programs: 2 custom, 8 profiles, results mode, distance goal, 3 heart rate controlled, fitness test, quick start
- Additional Features: Oversized deluxe pedals, switchable from miles to kilometers, transport wheels, rear stabilizer frame levelers, water bottle holder, reading rack, storage basket, thickly padded seat with lumbar support and side bolsters, console angle adjustability and magnetic eddy current brake.
- Warranties: 90 days on wear parts, 1 year on electric and mechanical and 5 years on the frame
An advanced trainer designed with high torque drive belt, ventilated seat back, easy to read display, flexible footplates and unique Airdyne fan system. All of them were developed and then presented to you for your comfort and satisfaction in exercising.