Protein shakes is one of favorite meals of those who are trying to lose weight and increase their muscle mass. It happened because the protein is one of the important substances needed everyone in forming and repair body cells after workout, as well as a energy source for daily activity. However not all protein shakes sold in stores are great and work for everybody. So in order to fulfill your needs, then you need to learn how to make your own protein shakes.
Trust me, the process is not as difficult as you think, as long as you pay attention to some points that I will describe below, include:
1. Choose only high quality protein powder
The protein powder will determine the enjoyment of protein shakes that you will make. One of them is whey, because our body more easily digests it. In addition, you can also use rice protein, soy or egg white as the alternative. Make sure you have determined the main ingredients before you start making this drink.
2. Determine the fluid
There are several options that you can choose, including: juice, water and milk. It depends on the flavor you want or the amount of calories you want to acquire.
3. Add a few slices / pieces of fruit
By adding fruit into your beverage, it not only will improve the taste, but also will improve the nutritional content and helps you full for longer.
4. Add yogurt or coconut oil
This is also another great option for you to improve the quality of your protein shake. As we already know that coconut oil have fatty acids that are very good in improving the body’s metabolism, while the yogurt is rich in calcium that will help lose weight and strength your bone.
5. Own a good blender is also an advantage.
It aims to prevent clumping during mixing the powder
Let’s making our homemade protein shakes for weight loss
1. Oatmeal Shake
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 12 oz. low-fat milk
- 1 tbsp. chopped almonds
- 1/8 c brown sugar
- 2 scoops protein powder
- Add all Ingredients to a blender, blend well and serve
2. Pina Colada Protein Shake
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 8 oz. low-fat milk
- 1 packet sweetener
- 1/4 tsp. coconut extract
- 1/4 tsp. rum extract
- 1/2 tsp. pineapple-orange drink mix
- 3-6 ice cubes
- Add all Ingredients to blender, blend well and serve.
3. Peaches and Cream Shake
- 1.5 oz. protein powder
- 8 drops sweetener
- 2 tbs. low fat sour cream
- 1 ripe peach
- 8 oz. pure water
- Add all Ingredients to a blender mix well and serve.
Some useful tips about homemade protein shake for you
- Avoid carbs for nighttime protein shakes
- Plant based protein powders are lighter on your stomach
- Frozen fruit based protein shakes should be consumed immediately after blending
- Always have a good quality protein powder
1. Feel free to change the main ingredients, such as fruit and syrup with other ingredients that you prefer. For example, you can use fresh strawberries, chocolate bars, almonds, pure water or other ingredients.
2. Do not be afraid to make some experiments to get the taste and results you are looking for.
Incoming search terms:
- homemade protein shakes for weight loss, home made powder for weight loss