Easy Healthy Foods to Lose Weight
There are many healthy foods that you can take as your daily menu to help you in weight loss program or decrease the size of your waist. Okay, here are some foods you can eat to maintain your health as well as to lose weight.
1. Seeds and Nuts
There are several types of nuts or seeds that you can take, such as pecans, walnuts, peanuts, and almonds. They are rich in essential nutrients for the body, especially magnesium and vitamin E. Some research shows that eating nuts can help you lose weight, and increase levels of insulin sensitivity. The drawback, it contains quite a large amount of calories, so it is advisable to consume nuts and seeds in moderation.
2. Green vegetables
Vegetables are a staple food for those who want a healthy, slim body. Why? That’s because vegetables contain essential nutrients for the body and are very low in calories. In short, eat vegetables every day will not make you fat. Several types of vegetables that you can choose, such as: celery, cucumber, lettuce, cabbage, kale, spinach, and broccoli.
You must not forget about fruits if you want a complete healthy lifestyle. Without it as if there is something missing. Generally fruits is eaten as a dessert after the main meal. However you can also make fruit as a snack to suppress the hunger when you’re running a diet program.
Running a healthy diet does not mean you have to become a vegetarian and give up meats. You still need meat, but in a controlled amount and the right choices. Fish is one right choice, because it is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, high protein and a number of other important nutrients. Some types of fish which you can choose, including: sardines, cod, haddock, trout, and salmon. Chicken (without the skin) and beef are also very good for health, as long as in a controlled amount.
Healthy Snack for Weight Loss
Actually, what sense of snacks? I think the snacks are foods consumed in small amounts, but more often. The goal is to make you stay full, without making you become too hungry and eventually eat too much.
Once you get a list of healthy foods above, then you can take some of them as snacks while you’re relaxing.
Healthy Snack Options
Generally healthy snacks are fresh fruits, because it is more easily stored, and provide a sense of fullness. Nuts and whole grains, like sunflower seeds can also be an option, but since they have a fairly high amount of calories, then you should not consume them too much.
Quick and Easy Healthy Snack Recipes
If you want more complex foods as your snacks, then here are some healthy snack recipes that you can try in your home.
- 2 plain bagels, thinly sliced
- pepper and salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
- Mix all the seasoning in a bowl
- Place the bagels on a baking pan and sprinkle with the seasoning mixture.
- Bake it in an oven for 5 minutes until lightly browned.
Fruit Stacked English Muffins
- 2 English muffins, split
- 8 ounce pineapple yogurt
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 3/4 cup pineapple
- Toast the muffin in a toaster
- Spread each half with yogurt
- Place pineapple and strawberries on it
- Serve while the muffins are still warm
Baked Tortilla Chips
- 1 package corn tortillas (cut intotriangles)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C
- Place and arrange the tortilla chips in a baking pan
- Mix the lime juice and vegetable oil and spray each tortilla chip
- In a bowl, mix the salt, chili powder and cumin and sprinkle on the chips
- Bake it for about 15 minutes until the chips are crisp
- Serve with guacamole, garnishes or salsas
recipes source: allrecipes.com