Many people are interested in fasting because they want to lose weight. So if you are also interested in the idea of “fasting to lose weight with water” then it means you have to stay away from foods and will just drink water. Drinking here does not mean soda or cola, but only pure water, unsweetened fruit juice, green tea or other liquids.
Then why must water and not the others
The human body contains water approximately 79% of body weight, but it decreases with increasing age and obesity. It makes us have to drink enough water to prevent dehydration and allow us to do a variety of our activities properly.
Some of the advantages of losing weight with water, including:
- Water contains no calories, so you will not be obesity because of drinking lots of water.
- Water helps you feel full quickly. Drinking water 15 minutes before meals will help relieve your hunger and if you eat while drinking, then you will feel full quickly.
- Water increases the body’s metabolism process. It means the body can burn body fat properly.
- Water also helps remove toxins from the body.
How much water should I drink to lose weight?
For men: approximately 13 cups a day.
For women: approximately 9 cups a day.
Some tips that may be useful to you:
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
- Use a bottle. It will help you to drink more.
- Take a bottle of water wherever you are. For example, at the office desk, living room, kitchen, etc.
- Drinking cold water may give you problems with your stomach.
- If your urine is white then it means normal, bright yellow means you need to drink more water and dark means you are very dehydrated.
- You can add a few slices of lemon into your drink to provide flavor.
- Drink a glass of water when you get out of bed in the morning.
- If you feel hungry, try drinking water instead of snacking.
- Carbonated drinks can be a good choice, because it helps meet the needs of your calorie intake.