Citrus limon or lemon is packed with many essential nutrients, including limonene, pectin, bioflavonoids, citric acid, fiber, potassium, magnesium, iron, calcium, vitamin C and B-complex vitamins. So, it is no wonder why there are many health benefits of lemons. Drinking lemon water is great to enhance the beauty, promote immunity and fight infection, and help losing weight faster. Lemon water not only acting as a digestive aid and liver cleanser, but also antiviral and antibacterial agents to boost your immune system.
In order to fully receive the benefits of lemon water, you must drink it as the first thing in the morning and wait 15 to 30 minutes before breakfast. Since lemon juice can be on the enamel of your teeth, then it’s important to dilute it with water of any temperature (thought the best option is lukewarm).
What are the Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water in the Morning?
Improve the immune system.
Lemon water is one of the best way to diminish viral infections in your body, especially sore throats. Since, lemon water is also improving your immune system, you will be better in no time.
Provides you more energy.
Drinking lemon water is not only great for reducing depression and anxiety, but also provide your body with energy.
Drinking lemon water daily is great to decrease the acidity in your joints and body, which is one of the main causes of inflammation.
Helps you lose weight.
Lemons contain pectin fiber, which is very beneficial for colon health and suppress your hunger
Keeps your skin blemish-free.
The antioxidants in lemon water is not only decrease wrinkles, but blemishes too. You can also apply it to your age spots or scars to reduce their appearance and maintain your skin’s radiance.
Cleanses your system.
Drinking lemon water is great to stimulate your liver, enhance the enzyme function, and help flush out the toxins from your body.
Drinking lemon water in the morning help to relieve symptoms of indigestion, such as: bloating, burping and heartburn.
Other benefits of drinking lemon water, including:
- Lemon water helps replenish body salts lost after a hard workout.
- It helps fight against eye problems and maintain the health of the eyes.
- The potassium content in lemon helps nourish nerve cells and brain.
- It helps prevent the growth of pathogenic bacteria.
- It helps cure the common cold.
- It is also a great source magnesium, phosphorus, calcium and citric acid.
- It encourages the production of bile, and digestive juices.
- It balances maintain the pH levels in the body.
- Lemon is an excellent source of vitamin C that protects the body against immune system deficiencies.
How to Make Lemon Water?
- Pour a glass of room temperature water or warm water if you prefer.
- Cut a fresh lemon in half
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon directly into the glass of water.